Looking for a cosmetic solution that’s minimally invasive? Consider porcelain veneers.
Around here we like to think of veneers as the unsung heroes of cosmetic dentistry. Why? Because they have literally transformed the smiles of so many of our patients – you can see some of these smiles here.
But veneers offer more than just a pretty cover too. Besides fixing quite a few aesthetic issues, they also can protect a damaged tooth, as well as restore the functionality of a tooth.
OK, so what are they? Dental veneers are thin, custom made tooth colored casings that cover the front surface of your tooth. We’ll design them to match the color, contour and shape of your other teeth. And the beauty of this minimally invasive procedure is usually completed in just two visits.
5 Ways Veneers Can Fix Your Teeth + Your Smile!
- Fill in Gaps & Spaces – Have any noticeable gaps or spaces between your teeth? Veneers can help fill in these smaller to average gaps between your teeth, such as your front teeth. We can customize veneers to attain the desired shape (and color!) t seamlessly close the gap. No one will ever remember that you had a gap!
- Protect a Cracked or Chipped Tooth – If you have an existing chipped or cracked tooth, a porcelain veneer can often restore both the look and functionality of this tooth. Porcelain veneers can help minimize the pressure on the damaged tooth when you chew on it. This can also help stabilize the crack or chipped area, so that it doesn’t get worse. It will also cosmetically improve the tooth by covering up the damaged area. And because veneers will match the appearance of your surrounding teeth, no one will ever know you had a damaged tooth.
- Change the Shape of a Tooth – If you have a tooth that’s noticeably smaller, larger, or uneven compared to the other neighboring teeth, veneers can modify the shape of this tooth to alter its shape and size so it matches the surrounding teeth.
- Hide Permanent Stains on Your Teeth – We offer great professional whitening treatments, but sometimes here are some teeth stains that just can’t be fixed with teeth whitening. This includes white spots on teeth or teeth stained from silver, amalgam fillings. If you have permanent tooth stains that whitening can’t fix, veneers can alter the color of one or more teeth to reach your.
- Reduce Teeth Sensitivity – When your tooth’s enamel wears down, this can expose the inner part of the tooth; the area where the nerve endings reside. When this happens, you may experience tooth sensitivity (or even painful flashes) when you eat or drink something hot or cold. Porcelain veneers can often help reduce this sensitivity by covering up and protecting a tooth with eroded enamel – often caused by teeth clenching. Once the veneer is in place, you can get back to eating and drinking without worrying about any discomfort. Plus your tooth will look great too!
Will Veneers Work for You?
Veneers really are a multifaceted dental fix for quite a few dental problems. They can improve the appearance of your smile. Reduce tooth discomfort. And prevent a damaged tooth from getting worse. Depending on the dental issue you want to fix, or your cosmetic goals, veneers could be the perfect, non-invasive fix.
Will they work for you? If you’re curious to know how veneers may work for you, we’d be happy to answer any questions, and help determine whether they’re the right option for your dental needs. Just give us a call at (206) 242-0066 or contact us online!